Monday 1 September 2014

Pension Awareness Day

As likeminds rightly point out in their blog, one of the key messages on Pension Awareness Day is to encourage employers and pension providers to be more innovative in the way they communicate saving for retirement. 

Are we too quick to assume that people will read what we send them? Are we too reliant on words? Do we assume people respond to communications in the same was we do? 

Having been 83 days (and counting.....) without broadband at home (courtesy of BT Openreach incompetence), it's made me read more in print, text more and attempt to download stuff on my phone that I would normally read on a computer screen. It's been enlightening. The smaller screen on the phone means I skip more, just look at the headlines, respond to pictures more as they take up more of the screen.

I'm not suggesting that my one-man experience should be a key driver in our communications, but it does suggest that the particular communications aim of Pensions Awareness Day is the right one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment