Tuesday 7 October 2014

Seeing Red - The New AHC

I’ve got a soft spot for pensions communication company AHC. Not least because I used to work for them.

So their new web site and relaunch are good news to me. Gone is the over complicated old web site, full of words and hard to follow.

In its place, a new design. Not far off what we have done with Pension Geeks.

I like the cleanness of it. It’s easier to navigate and the messages are clearer.

Having said that, the front page is just plain annoying! I like the video of everyone. Faces I recognise and many I miss. It shows the magnificence of Heath Hall and tells the story well of a young and dynamic workforce. Playing croquet, answering phones, looking busy. A bit too signposted in places, but a good message.

The annoying bit though is the 70 or so words that fill the middle of the screen, so you can’t see the video properly. I found myself wanting to hit the delete button, but there wasn’t one!

The words themselves look like they were manufactured by committee. Pretty much at odds with the clearness of the message elsewhere on the site. Just plain strange.

The other change is the name. Gone is Anthony Hodges Consulting, replaced by plain AHC. And a new logo too. In red. And in a speech bubble.

Red is a bit of an aggressive colour and to put it in a speech bubble seems a little too pushy to me.

But overall, a great new site.

May AHC only ever see red on their logo and never on their balance sheet!

No comments:

Post a Comment